basic skills are very, very important. translators should learn basic skills in a down-to-earth manner under any circumstances. what is the secret of learning basic skills of translation shared by shanghai zhenyun artificial translation company?
1. there is no shortcut to translation, diligence is a must. practice the translation of famous works and find the gap compared with famous masters.
2. reference books are indispensable.
for the content with chinese characteristics, mr. wang recommended the concise dictionary of chinese and english chinese proper names and terms published by peking university press;
for the names of chinese institutions, the chinese english handbook of chinese institutions, the chinese english handbook of chinese institution names published in china today and the chinese english handbook of chinese and foreign organization names are recommended;
if religion is involved, the chinese english chinese dictionary of world religions is recommended;
for other translation knowledge, we recommend the chinese english double interpretation idiom dictionary, the dictionary of common tibetan names and place names, the chinese english dictionary of ancient and modern common words, and the chinese key words published by the new world press. the chinese key words can give you a good reference for some unique expressions in china.
3. the problem of "chinglish" should be avoided in chinese-english translation.
4. the caliber of internal publicity and external publicity should be different. the subject of our internal speech is different from that of our external speech. attention should be paid to the repetition and wordy content in chinese when translating into english. chinese likes to use adjectives, and pay attention to reducing words with personal tendency and strong subjectivity when translating into english.
5. the process of translation is usually to read the manuscript at least twice to find out the chinese, and then find reference and do homework according to the theme of the article. if you have the opportunity to work with your translation predecessors, you must learn more from your predecessors. also, don't be ashamed to ask questions. translation is a process of continuous learning. being able to get guidance from others is a shortcut to improve yourself.
6. correct proofreading symbols should be used when proofreading manuscripts.
7. corpus accumulation. we usually look for chinese and english materials, such as government work reports and important speeches by leaders.
8. with the help of the network, some organization names, activity names, person names, birth and death years, neologisms, etc. can be obtained from the internet.
9. some translation rules also need to be mastered: for example, punctuation, case, dynasty, time, abbreviation, railway line name, regional name (beijing tianjin wing, dawan district), etc.
10. usually, you can read the original works, watch english movies and tv dramas, and learn to sing english songs. you can watch english content for half an hour every day. you should also make records with paper and pen and practice your reaction speed. for example, first look at the chinese subtitles and reflect english in your mind, and then compare it with the english expression in the subtitles and write down some good expressions. song is an expression of culture, such as chinese opera. you can learn its expression and cultivate a sense of language.
11. good oral english and good translation. miss wang thinks that simultaneous interpreting is the highest level of translation because of the high demands of physical strength, comprehensive strength, rich corpus, response, processing speed and expression ability in translation.
12. have a good habit of recording work. it is a part of the corpus and a summary of my work. it is also convenient to calculate the royalties and accumulate translation volume for the evaluation of professional titles.