in the process of translation, with the accumulation of more and more familiar with the work, shanghai zhenyun translation company to share with you how to ensure the quality of translation?
1、 added subject
because of the english expression habit, some abstract nouns are often used as subjects, while the chinese expression habit needs to change the abstract into concrete; in english, prepositions are often used to avoid repetition. in chinese, prepositions are not afraid of repetition. a word can be used several times; when plural nouns in english are translated into chinese, these, various and so on are often added, which depends on the specific context.
2、 adding predicate
when two or more of the same predicates appear in english, they are often omitted to make the sentence less redundant. in chinese, it should be translated to make its expression more authentic; when translating english prepositional phrases into chinese, verbs are often added; some english nouns should be translated into chinese with corresponding verbs to make their meaning more complete and express more clearly.
3、 adverbial of time
1. the adverbial of time can be translated directly, usually before the main sentence.
2. some leading words of adverbial clauses of time not only express time, but also attach conditionality, so conditional relations should be translated.
4、 adverbial of cause
1. beijing translation company reminds you: adverbial position in english is more flexible, can be placed in front of the main sentence, can also be placed after the main sentence, and chinese expression often follow the order of "cause and effect", so we should pay attention to adjust the word order in translation.
2. but the above situation is not absolute. the adverbial of reason can also be placed after the main sentence, which also corresponds to the chinese structure "the reason... is because".
5、 objective adverbial
1. generally speaking, the target adverbial should be translated before the main sentence, and the main sentence explaining the situation should be translated after it.
2. the purpose adverbial can also be translated after the main sentence, which means to avoid, to prevent, to make, to be afraid and so on.
6、 active sentences translated into chinese
1. in general, the subject of passive sentences is inanimate, so it is often necessary to translate the original subject into the subject in chinese.
2. subject object inversion
in general english, when the action subject is preceded by by by or composed of a prepositional phrase, the action subject after by or the noun in the prepositional phrase will act as the subject in the translation, and the object is the subject in the original text.
3. add subject
when translating some passive sentences into active sentences, we should add some subjects, such as us, people, everyone and so on.
7、 non subject sentences in chinese translation
there are many non subject sentences in chinese, which are also related to our way of thinking and speaking habits. in many cases, when we chat with people in the same background, we don't need to say the subject, but the other person can understand you in most cases.