there should be no deviation between the original translation and the translation. however, due to the language differences between chinese and english, translators need to deal with the translation in the translation process. what are the basic translation skills shared by shanghai zhenyun artificial translation agency?
because of the english expression habit, some abstract nouns are often used as subjects, while the chinese expression habit needs to change the abstract into concrete; english often uses prepositions to avoid repetition, while chinese is not afraid of repetition, and a word can be used several times; when the plural nouns in english are translated into chinese, these, various, various, etc. are often added, depending on the specific context 。
when two or more same predicates appear in english, they are often omitted to make the sentence less redundant. while in chinese, it is necessary to translate it to make its expression more authentic; when translating prepositional phrases into chinese, it is often necessary to add translation verbs; when translating some nouns into chinese, it is necessary to add corresponding verbs to make their meaning more complete and express more clearly.
1. adverbials of time can often be translated directly, usually before the main sentence.
2. some time adverbial clause leaders not only express time, but also attach conditionality, so they should translate conditionality.
1. the adverbial position in english is more flexible, which can be placed before or after the main sentence, while chinese expression often follows the order of "cause and effect", so we should also pay attention to adjusting the word order in translation.
2. but the above situation is not absolute. the reason adverbial can also be placed after the subject sentence, which also corresponds to the structure "why because ".
1. generally speaking, the target adverbial should be translated before the main sentence and the main sentence explaining the situation should be translated after it.
2. the target adverbial can also be translated after the main sentence to indicate avoidance, avoidance, causation, fear, etc.
1. the subject of a general passive sentence is an inanimate subject, which is often translated into chinese.
2. subject object reversed position
in general english, when by is added before the action subject or is composed of prepositional phrases, then the action subject word or noun in the prepositional phrase after by should act as the subject in the translation, and the object is the subject in the original text.
3. add subject
when translating some passive sentences into active ones, we should add some subjects, such as us, people, everyone and so on.
there are many chinese sentences without subject, which is also related to our thinking mode, speaking habits and other factors. in many cases, we don't need to speak the subject when chatting with people in the same background, but most of the time, the other party can understand what you mean.
it is not necessarily that all passive sentences in english are translated into active sentences in chinese. when some passive sentences emphasize the passive meaning and the passive actions are highlighted, they should still be translated into passive sentences. in chinese, we should use these languages to express passive meaning, such as be, receive, be, give, give, by, hold, get, receive, give, get, for by come on, "wait.
for technical translation, just like learning a bicycle, you always have to experience a moment of stumbling and bumping. at last, you unconsciously learn it. translation is also the same. you must practice a lot, master the necessary problem-solving skills, and think about it again and again. of course, the specific situation of specific analysis, translation can't have a fixed and perfect standard answer, all of which are taught to you the translation steps are sorted out:
1. read through the whole sentence, determine the main line and divide the meaning group.
2. select the meaning of words, adjust the word order, and properly process them.
under the guidance of this step, on the basis of mastering some translation skills, we need to translate manually by ourselves. we must not feel that the answer will be right after the translation, so that there will be no progress. we have to think more about the bad translation and think about how to translate more appropriately next time.